For a Cleaner and Healthier Home™
Thank you for your interest in Stanley Steemer®. During these uncertain times, we continue to safely operate as an essential business under guidance issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity, and Infrastructure Security Agency (“CISA”). The Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers, which provides guidance to both State and Local jurisdictions, and the Private Sector defines Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers in the Public Works Section as:
“Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.”
Stanley Steemer® Technicians are Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers within CISA’s guidance as they are critical to the provision of services for the necessary maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of environmental surfaces found in residential, commercial, and institutional environments.
Furthermore, we understand that many of our Customers have questions about our services and the steps we are taking to ensure their safety and that of our employees. Our teams are actively monitoring communications from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), the World Health Organization (“WHO”), and federal agencies to ensure we are operating consistent with the latest guidance to contain the spread of SARS-CoV-2 , the cause of COVID-19.
According to the CDC, cleaning is the necessary first step of any disinfection process. Cleaning removes organic matter, salts, and visible soils, all of which interfere with microbial inactivation. The physical action of scrubbing with detergents and surfactants and rinsing with water removes substantial numbers of microorganisms. If a surface is not cleaned first, the success of the disinfection process can be compromised. For more information about the critical importance of cleaning, we encourage you to visit the CDC for more information on how to Protect Your Home.
At Stanley Steemer®, we are prepared and uniquely equipped to assist our Customers with the cleaning of virtually all environmental surfaces For a Cleaner & Healthier Home™.
Below are the latest updates on what we are doing at Stanley Steemer® to ensure your safety and to do our part in attempting to contain the spread of this illness:
- New Cleaning Product:Stanley Steemer® has introduced a new cleaning product* into all of our standard cleaning processes. This product is an EPA Registered Antimicrobial Disinfectant that meets the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 when used on Hard/Non-Porous Surfaces like Tile, Wood, Laminates, Vinyl, Linoleum and Stone. This product has also been demonstrated to be a highly effective cleaner of Soft/Porous Surfaces—including Carpet, Rugs and Upholstery—when used in connection with our proprietary and industry-leading cleaning equipment.
- Disinfection Wipe Down:Stanley Steemer® now cleans all environmental surfaces* with an EPA Registered Antimicrobial Disinfectant that meets the EPA’s current criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2. In residential settings, we can disinfect Hard/Non-porous surfaces such as railings, countertops, knobs, door handles, tables, and other high touch areas.
- Equipment Disinfection Protocol:We also have enhanced our Equipment Disinfection Protocol with the introduction of an additional EPA Antimicrobial Registered Disinfectant which also meets the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 and other Emerging Viral Pathogens. All cleaning equipment is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every job for the health and safety of our employees and to limit any risk of transfer. This process is repeated at the end of each workday along with a complete cleaning and disinfection of our service vehicles.
- Employee Training & Personal Protective Equipment:We have trained our employees on maintaining appropriate social distance throughout the workday and the critical importance of personal hygiene with a specific emphasis on handwashing before, during and after all jobs. We also provide our employees with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) where necessary so they can perform their work safely and with confidence.
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave:We have also instructed all employees to remain home if they are sick or feeling ill. As an additional incentive to observe these instructions, our Company-Owned locations have implemented an Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy (“EPSL”) for all of our field-level employees to provide additional paid sick leave benefits so our people never have to choose between a paycheck and our collective health and safety.
*At participating locations only. Call for more details.